With Christmas less than 2 weeks away and your holiday booked, take a moment and think about whether
your home is locked up and secure.
Here are some tips to ensure that you keep your home safe while you are on holiday.
• Secure all tools, big and small, anything that will entice a thief to break in
• Lock all doors and windows, set alarms and use deadbolts, if you have
• Leave curtains open and blinds up
• Turn off all electrical appliances at the wall to avoid electrical fires
• Turn off your water to avoid leaks
• Clean out your fridge & freezer, you don’t want to come back to wasted food if there is a power cut
• Turn down your ring tone on your phone so it doesn’t scream “We not home”
• Don’t advertise on social media you won’t be home
• Leave an emergency number with your neighbour or a friend
• Have someone house sit or check on your house periodically
• Keep your garden maintained if you are away for an extended period
• Ask a neighbour to park in your drive way and empty your mail box
CHRISTMAS SHUT DOWN DATES
Our offices will be closed from midday Friday 22 December and open Monday 8 January 2018. We
will have Builders, Plumbers, Electricians and Handymen available over the Christmas period and early new
year. So if you need any of these service, please contact your Renovations NZ representative for further
info. We will also be offering after hours services if you require these on the stat days.
Thank you for your business throughout the year, and all of us at Renovations NZ would like to wish you safe and happy holidays.
Wishing you all a Happy New Year and a prosperous 2018!